Step By Step Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0
Tax services, Accounting Services?
You Focus On Your Business, We Will Do Your Books. Independent QuickBooks Setup Services. We are one of the Best Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisors in US
Monthly Accounting, BookKeeping Solution or One time help for Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses using Quickbooks and Sage Users
Connect with Pro Advisors, for all things Quickbooks
QuickBooks error 6129,0 occurs when you try to access your company’s financial information and the database connection validation fails. The error may occur when QuickBooks cannot connect to the server and you may not be able to access your company file. Suddenly I get an error message that says “Error Message: Data Connection Confirmation Error follows QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0″. There are several reasons behind QuickBooks 6129 0 which we will discuss in this post and fix with the most effective solutions.
What is the QuickBooks error code (-6129 0)?
QuickBooks error 6129,0 is a problem that prevents you from accessing the company file in multi-user mode and the main cause of this problem is a connection error between the company file and the server. There are several troubleshooting steps to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6129,0 and you will find them all in the future parts of this article.
The reason that causes QuickBooks error 6129
If your attempt to access your company file is blocked due to a failed database connection validation, QuickBooks may display error 6129 0. There are several reasons for the listed error:
- If all computers have not been updated to the latest maintenance release for multi-user hosting
- If QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working properly or is due to incorrect file permissions
- Differences between server and client domains can also trigger QuickBooks Enterprise File Access Error 6129, 0.
- Due to Corrupt Network Data (.ND) files
- A corrupt or incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop can also trigger error code 6129, 0.
What are the results of error 6129 QuickBooks?
This error code series 6000 problem can disrupt normal accounting and some of its symptoms are listed below:
- You may not be able to open your company file locally or online.
- Solving problems not only reduces your productivity, but also steals your peace of mind.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6129.0?
To quickly and easily resolve QuickBooks error 6129,0 and QuickBooks error code -12 0, follow the solutions below with full care and precision.
Rename the network data file (.ND).
A network data file (.ND) is a configuration file that QuickBooks uses for an online business file. Repair the.ND file:
- Go to the folder that contains the QuickBooks company file.
- Now find the corresponding network data file.ND extension
- Right-click the file and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- To add OLD at the end of the file name press Enter.
If the QuickBooks error code 6129 0 is still bothering you, continue to the next troubleshooting step.
- First, you should copy to a local hard drive, such as the C drive, or the backup file or company you want to update.
- Restore a backup or update your QuickBooks company file.
- Copy the original location of the restored or updated file.
Copy your company file to your desktop
Try opening the company train from a different position to check if the folder containing the QuickBooks company file is damaged.
- Produce a new folder on your desktop and name it QBTest
- Now open the folder that contains the company file where you get error 6129, 0 when you access the file.
- Copy the company file and move it to the folder you created on your desktop.
- Now try opening the company file from the new location to see if the QuickBooks error code (6129 0) is fixed. If not, try the next method.
Disable your antivirus application
Sometimes you may not be able to access your business file online because your internet security or firewall may prevent QuickBooks from accessing the server. In this situation, you must disable your antivirus so that QB can communicate with the server to access the company file. Be sure to do this in safe mode. If this fixes the QuickBooks error code 6129 0, remember to enable the security application.
Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
If you get QuickBooks error code 6129,0 when you open a company file in multi-user mode, QuickBooks Database Server Manager can help you find invalid folders. Run the tool and after the scan is complete, try to open the company that failed before.
Repair a damaged company file with File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is designed to fix QuickBooks Online problems and damaged business files, so we’ve implemented the steps below to diagnose your business file.
- To get started, download the QuickBooksToolhub.exe setup
- Install the downloaded file properly.
- Now launch the application using the desktop icon.
- Select the problem option from the company file in the tool center launch window.
- In the corporate file issue option, select the file manager from the available options.
- Browse to the company file in the file manager and click Start.
- The diagnosis takes about 10-20 minutes.
- Finally, restart the system and open QuickBooks.
System 3: Use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Fix the MSXML component
The most important task is to launch the “Start” menu from the desktop so that you can search for “cmd” through the search box. as soon as you recognize the “cmd” program.
- All you have to do is right-click on it to select the “Run as administrator” option, as it will open the C: prompt in administrator.
- If you are running a 64-bit OS, you just need to type “cd\windows\syswow64” in the blank space at the C: prompt.
- Otherwise, you can skip this step to continue with the next steps.
- Now you need to carefully type “regsvr32 MSXML6.dll” in the C: prompt window to ensure that the MSXML DLLs are fully registered.
- You can then press enter to quickly complete this process.
- Now you can fix QuickBooks error 6129 0 because you have already fixed the MSXML component.
Access your QB desktop with full administrative privileges
- To run QuickBooks with administrator privileges, you simply have to select the “Run as administrator” option as soon as you right-click on its icon. Then you need to enter valid administrator credentials.
- Immediately after pressing enter, QB will access the desktop with administrator privileges.
- Then you will succeed in fixing QuickBooks error code 6129 or QuickBooks error code -12 0.
Repair the company file with the data verification and recovery tool
- After opening QB Desktop, immediately click the “Utilities” tab in the “File” menu, and then you must press the “Verify Information” button to quickly identify relevant problems in the company file.
- If no damage or corruption is found in the company file, you can skip the other steps in this technique. Otherwise, you need to immediately tap on the “Data Recovery” option under the same “Utilities” tab.
- A new backup copy of the company file is created immediately
- And you need to find a suitable place to store it
- Immediately after that, the Data Recovery tool will start its execution to eliminate any problems with the company file.
- When you get a confirmation message that the “Data Recovery” tool is fully finished.
- You can easily fix error 6129 in QuickBooks.
Ask for expert help!
Coming towards the end of this post, we hope that the information provided above will prove helpful in resolving the . If the error persists or if you encounter challenges while applying the suggested fixes, it’s advisable not to spend too much time attempting further solutions. Data damage problems can be sensitive, and attempting trial-and-error methods might lead to severe data loss.
Feel welcome to reach out to our professionals at Number. Our QuickBooks error support team is available 24/7 to assist you in resolving the issue without causing additional complications.
FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions )
QuickBooks error 6129, 0 usually occurs when opening or creating a company file. This indicates that QuickBooks cannot access the company file due to a database connection validation error.
You can reduce the likelihood of this error:
- Back up your business files regularly.
- Make sure all systems have the correct permissions and are not hosting the company file at the same time.
- Use a stable network connection and regularly check for network issues.
If the company file is damaged, restore your data using the latest backup file. However, if you do not have a recent backup, you may need to use data recovery services or tools provided by Intuit or a third party.
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps and the problem persists, your next step may be to contact QuickBooks Customer Support. They can provide more detailed instructions based on your situation and offer more specific solutions or tools to resolve the error.