How to fix Quickbooks Error 12152
Tax services, Accounting Services?
You Focus On Your Business, We Will Do Your Books. Independent QuickBooks Setup Services. We are one of the Best Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisors in US
Monthly Accounting, BookKeeping Solution or One time help for Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses using Quickbooks and Sage Users
Connect with Pro Advisors, for all things Quickbooks
QuickBooks error 12152 causes payroll updates to fail. If you have encountered this error on your system, continue reading the blog till the end. Here’s what you need to know about why this error occurs and what you can do to get rid of it smoothly.
Users have recently had trouble uploading QuickBooks Payroll updates due to one of the many 12XXX error series. Error 12152 in QuickBooks occurs when you try to get the latest payroll information from QuickBooks.
This error can appear as soon as you click “Get Payroll Updates” or “Download Latest Updates” in QuickBooks Desktop. This blog focuses on this error in detail and provides instructions on how to remove it. Read to the end.
What is QuickBooks Error 12152?
QuickBooks error code 12152 is a payroll update error. This means that this error may appear when a user tries to download an update for QuickBooks Payroll and it fails for some reason. The main reason for this error is the interruption due to internet connection problems. If the update is successful, an error may appear, but the application cannot be accessed.
Therefore, you can avoid QuickBooks error 12152 by checking your Internet settings, establishing a secure connection, and allowing the Internet to connect to secure websites such as Intuit, QuickBooks, etc.
Reasons Why You Can’t Open QuickBooks Error 12152
Below are the root causes of QuickBooks Desktop error 12152. One or all of the reasons below may have caused your app to fail –
- Errors caused by the Windows Firewall or other security programs installed on the system can prevent QuickBooks from connecting to the update server.
- Due to problems with your Internet connection settings, QuickBooks cannot connect to the update server.
- Security applications installed on the system prevent the installation of downloaded updates.
- As a result, Internet Explorer is not configured correctly, and QuickBooks and Windows are not connected to the Internet.
- Not using Internet Explorer as your default browser can also trigger the 12XXX error series.
- If SSL is not configured correctly, QuickBooks will have trouble loading payroll updates and will trigger error 12152.
QuickBooks Connection Error 12152 – Best Working Solutions
After understanding the various causes of QuickBooks error message 12152, let us further explore the approaches that solve this root problem –
Method 1 – Reset Internet Explorer in favor of QuickBooks
Downloading updates from a misconfigured network or browser can cause all programs to fail. You need to fix the setting by following these instructions –
- After you close QuickBooks Desktop, launch Internet Explorer, and if you’re using Windows 10 or later, manually search for Internet Options in the search bar.
- In Internet Explorer, select Tools and click Internet Options.
- Go to the Security tab and use the Globe icon to make sure the security settings are not above average.
- Now go to the Contacts tab and click on the option that says never call a contact.
- Click OK and go to LAN settings.
- Now make sure Auto Detect settings are checked and uncheck Use proxy. Click OK and now go to the Advanced tab.
- Click on Reset Advanced Settings and under Settings, look for an option with the TLS 1.2 option.
- Click OK to save your changes and close Internet Explorer.
- Restart the system and check if you can now install the payroll updates.
Method 2 – Make sure QuickBooks is not restricted by any security applications or firewalls
As discussed, if a firewall or security application is preventing QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the Internet or an update server, error 12152 is likely to occur. To implement this solution, you must add the security programs to the list of QuickBooks security programs, and configure them. The incoming and outgoing ports in the firewall settings, and follow the instructions to disable the security application to temporarily install updates.
Technique 3 – Make the Most of the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks installation issues are well handled with the QB Clean Install Tool in the QB Tool Center. Here are some steps to help you in the process –
- Open the Programs and Features window, and then select Uninstall a program.
- Find and select QuickBooks, then tap Remove/Change
- Press Next to see a prompt asking you to choose whether to Repair or Remove.
- Click Uninstall and follow the uninstaller.
- Now go to the Intuit website and download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the file to your desktop and double-click the downloaded file to install the tool.
- Tap Install Issues and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- You have to wait while the tool diagnoses and fixes program and file errors.
- Then, download and install the required version of QuickBooks on your device and restart it once.
Check QuickBooks Update Error 12152; if it persists, move on to the next solution.
Method 4: Set date and time
If your system’s date and time settings do not match, this will cause compatibility issues when you use the Internet to update QuickBooks. Let’s see how you can solve these problems and prevent error 12152:
Method 5: Uninstall, Reinstall, Repair QB Desktop
If QuickBooks error code 12152 is bothering you, here’s what to do.
- Access the Control Panel from the desktop or the Start menu, whichever is easier.
- In the Control Panel window, click Programs and Features and select Uninstall a program.
- Select your current version of QuickBooks from the list and remove it. (Back up your files beforehand to avoid losing important data.)
- Time to reinstall from any official source or genuine CD.
- Go to the location where you downloaded the QuickBooks file and select the exe option.
- Double-click, follow the instructions and continue by clicking Next to read the software license agreements and continue.
- Enter the product key and license number-related information and click Next.
- Then, select the scan option to perform a full scan and diagnose errors.
- Finish by selecting Repair All to resolve the issues.
Method 6: Reset QuickBooks Table Updates and try to receive payroll updates again
If your QuickBooks desktop application does not have the latest updates, you may experience errors during payroll updates. To avoid and resolve this issue, you must first restore and install updates to QuickBooks Desktop and then attempt to recover payroll data. This can be done as follows.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Help tab.
- Click the Update QuickBooks Desktop option and go to the Update Now tab.
- Now check the box next to Reset Updates and click Check for Updates to ask QuickBooks to download all the updates at once.
- Try downloading and reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop updates to see if QuickBooks error 12152 is fixed.
It’s time for us to conclude our in-depth blog on QuickBooks Error 12152. We have tried our best to gather information that is not only factual but also helpful in understanding and resolving the error. If you’ve followed all the steps above and you’re still getting error 12152, it’s time to do a thorough check. Contact our authorized experts at Number for quick assistance.
Ask for expert help!
Coming towards the end of this post, we hope that the information provided above will prove helpful in resolving the . If the error persists or if you encounter challenges while applying the suggested fixes, it’s advisable not to spend too much time attempting further solutions. Data damage problems can be sensitive, and attempting trial-and-error methods might lead to severe data loss.
Feel welcome to reach out to our professionals at Number. Our QuickBooks error support team is available 24/7 to assist you in resolving the issue without causing additional complications.
FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions )
QuickBooks error 12152 is an update error that usually occurs when there is a problem with your Internet connection settings. This can prevent QuickBooks from connecting to the server to download and install updates.
Several factors can contribute to QuickBooks error 12152, such as:
- Internet connection problems.
- Firewall or antivirus settings are blocking QuickBooks connections.
- Problems with SSL settings. Problems with browser configuration.
In many cases, updating QuickBooks to the latest version can resolve error 12152. Updates often contain bugs and improvements that address such issues. However, if the error disappears after the update, further troubleshooting may be necessary.
You can contact QuickBooks support by visiting Intuit’s website or by contacting their customer support team via phone or chat. Give them details about the error, the steps you’ve already taken to resolve it, and any error messages you’ve encountered.