how to fix QuickBooks Error H101
Tax services, Accounting Services?
You Focus On Your Business, We Will Do Your Books. Independent QuickBooks Setup Services. We are one of the Best Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisors in US
Monthly Accounting, BookKeeping Solution or One time help for Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses using Quickbooks and Sage Users
Connect with Pro Advisors, for all things Quickbooks
how to fix QuickBooks Error H101
QuickBooks Error H101 :- QuickBooks is the fastest-growing bookkeeping and accounting application that helps various businesses become more efficient. One of the main features of this software is the multi-user mode, which allows more than one user to access QB and the company file on the same network.
However, there are many bugs in this function that can enter the system and cause errors. Even a small mismatch can cause big problems like QuickBooks Desktop errors H101, H202, H303, or H505. In this blog, we will focus on QuickBooks error H101 that occurs when you switch from single-user mode to multi-user mode. So we will learn different ways to deal with H101 errors in QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Desktop Error H101?
QuickBooks Desktop error H101 occurs when a user tries to access a company file on another device and it is caused by a technical error. The error can occur when QuickBooks is misconfigured or the hosting settings are incorrect. This error code prevents a user from accessing the company file in a multi-user environment and therefore must be addressed immediately.
Main Causes of H101 QuickBooks Error
Below mentioned factors can cause H101 errors in QuickBooks Desktop –
- QuickBooks cannot retrieve your device’s IP address, or the IP address is incorrect.
- Misconfigured hosting settings in QuickBooks can also cause the H101 error message.
- Windows firewall is configured to prevent QB from working properly.
- The company data file location is not available or the path is incorrect.
- The company file cannot be opened on another network due to an error or corruption in the network data file. QuickBooks services such as QBDBMgrN and QBCFMonitorService are not running on the system.
How to remove error H101 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Now let’s see the techniques that are useful to remove QuickBooks Desktop error H101 effectively.
Method 1 – Activate QuickBooks Database Server Manager to start multi-user mode
QB Server Manager encourages the use of corporate files on multiple devices in a multi-host setup. Follow the below steps to activate the database server –
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the Intuit website and save the downloaded file in an easily accessible location on your desktop.
- Double-click it to complete the installation, then double-click the icon to open Tool Hub on the desktop.
- Next, click the Network Issues tab and select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option to open it.
- Find your company file and click Start Scan to start scanning.
- If the file is not displayed, locate your QB company file and click Start Scan.
- Allow server management to diagnose problems and take corrective actions to resolve problems.
- Press the Close button and resume using QuickBooks Desktop on your system.
- Click the File menu, and then select Switch to multi-user mode to enable multi-user hosting.
Method 2 – Create a new company file location on your desktop to save the file
If you change the location of a company file, the path through which QB accesses the file will automatically change, helping to solve the problem of incorrect or damaged file paths.
- If QuickBooks is currently running, close all of its screens and right-click on the desktop screen to select New Folder.
- Give the folder this name – “Test” and click on the Windows icon to type Windows Explorer in the search bar.
- Click on the Windows Explorer tab in the program list and in the next window navigate to the folder where the QB files are stored.
- Now click on the Windows icon and type Windows Explorer in the search bar.
- Find the file with the. QBW extension, as this is your company file, and right-click on it to select Copy.
- Go to the Test folder, right click and select Paste to paste the copied company file.
- Finally, open QuickBooks and check the QuickBooks H101 error status.
- Right-click on it and select Copy.
- Tap the File menu and select Open or Reset Company to browse your company from the new location.
- Select the file you added to the Test folder and press Open to access it from the new location.
Method 3 – Enable QuickBooks by removing it from the list of Windows Firewall defenders
The QuickBooks application may experience errors if the Windows Firewall creates obstacles. To fix the QuickBooks H101 error, you need to remove QuickBooks from firewall restrictions.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window and type the control panel in the search field that appears.
- From the System and Security menu, select Windows Defender Firewall, and then select Allow app through firewall.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of programs and click OK to remove it from the firewall list.
- Now launch QuickBooks again and see if you can complete the steps without errors or problems.
Method 4 – Disable multi-user hosting on your workstations and enable it on your server computer
QB may appear with error code H101 if multi-user access is enabled on your workstations. Only the server or host computer should have this option enabled and to fix it you need to follow the steps below –
- Open QuickBooks on one of your workstations, but do not open the company file, and click the File tab.
- Click on the Add-ons option, and in this situation, the following two scenarios may occur:
– If “Hosting Multi-User Access” appears in the Utilities menu, do not select it, go to the next workstation.
– If the menu shows Stop Multi-User Hosting, select it to disable hosting mode.
- Repeat this sequence on all workstations with this error and check your server computer to verify the host settings.
- On the host computer, open QuickBooks Desktop, click the File button, and hover over the Utilities menu.
- Look for the Host Multi-User Access option and select it to enable multi-user mode on your server.
- Restart QuickBooks and see if QuickBooks Multi-User Error H101 is fixed.
There are so many reasons behind QuickBooks error H101 and each reason has an opposite solution to fix it completely. Follow the instructions above and they will guide you thoroughly in the right direction. If you feel stuck in any part of the blog or need additional support, you can always opt for our help desk by calling our certified experts at Number