QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer Error
Tax services, Accounting Services?
You Focus On Your Business, We Will Do Your Books. Independent QuickBooks Setup Services. We are one of the Best Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisors in US
Monthly Accounting, BookKeeping Solution or One time help for Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses using Quickbooks and Sage Users
Connect with Pro Advisors, for all things Quickbooks
QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer Error
QuickBooks is the best and the most generally used account software worldwide. It requires multitudinous background services and processes to serve efficiently. QBCFMonitorService is one of the most important QuickBooks services. This is appertained to as QuickBooks Company train Monitoring Service, executed from theqbcfmonitorservice.exe train. generally, you can find the train related to the service inside the “ C Program lines Common train Intuit QuickBooks’ ‘ brochure.
“ QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer ” error communication appears when a user tries to run QuickBooks Database server director to set up multi-user mode. Still, when you check the service status in the service window, you’ll find the service running without issues. You might need to apply multiple fixes to exclude the “ QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer ” error communication. Follow the complete composition for further details on the causes and troubleshooting results to fix the error.
What's QBCFMonitorService not Running on this Computer Error?
QBCFmonitorservice is a QuickBooks Desktop program train that’s executed from the QBCFMonitorService.exe train from the QuickBooks installation directory. This process helps QuickBooks run in multi-user mode and allows workstation computers to connect with the company train on the server.
When this process fails to run on your system QuickBooks struggles to connect to the company train and triggers an error communication that reads “ QBCFMonitorservice not running on this computer. ” Using some simple results, you’ll learn the causes of the error and how to fix it.
Recommended To Read :- How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15103 ?
What Causes QBCFMonitorService not to run On this computer Error?
There could be several reasons for QuickBooks displaying the “ QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer ” communication. One of the major causes of crimes related to QBCFMonitorService is Windows Defender and third-party firewall operations that restrain QuickBooks connection to the company train stored on the server. In addition, you can read some further reasons why the QBCF Monitor Service stopped working below:
- QuickBooks installed on the server isn’t rightly set up to host company lines in multi-user terrain.
- For some reason, QBCFMonitorService Is Not Running or stopped on the server hosting the company train.
- The QuickBooks Database Manager Service train (qbcfmonitorservice.exe) is deleted from the server.
- You’re using an outdated QuickBooks Database server director interpretation on your Windows computer and the server.
- The firewall has blocked QuickBooks Database server director due to which QBCF examiner service keeps stopping.
- Windows registry faults may also cause the QBCF examiner service to stop working.
- QBCF Monitor Service failed to start because of a vicious attack by contagion or malware.
- An installed program may be clashing with the QBCF Monitor service, causing trouble in opening it.
Resolve QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer
Result 1: Verify QuickBooksMulti-User Hosting Setup on the server
- It’s egregious to face issues penetrating the train saved on the server if the hosting is impaired. We’ll corroborate the hosting setup and reconfigure it with the instructions below if needed.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click the training tab.
- Select Utilities by moving your mouse cursor over it.
- Select the option that says Host Multi-User Access.
- Click Yes once you get the evidence box on the screen.
- Make sure you’re cranking hosting only on the server.
- Make sure that the multi-user Hosting isn’t running on any workstation computers.
- To corroborate, open QuickBooks and go to the training tab.
- Still, it means QuickBooks is running under multi-user mode, and you need to click Switch to Single- user mode, If you see the option Switch to Single- users mode.
- Don’t change the settings if you see the Switch to multi-user mode option.
Still, follow the coming troubleshooting result and fix problems with the QuickBooks Database server director, If reconfiguring the hosting doesn’t help resolve the issue.
Step 2 Install the Updates of the QuickBooks Database director server
In discrepancy, an outdated QuickBooks Database server director is a prominent reason you can’t pierce the company train. Follow the instructions below and refresh and modernize the database server director to resolve the issue.
- Follow the link and check out the rearmost release of the QuickBooks Database Manager server for your QuickBooks interpretation.
- QB Desktop 2018
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020
- Now open QuickBooks if you don’t have the rearmost updates and patches installed.
- From the Help tab, click Update QuickBooks.
- Under the Update Now tab, checkmark all QuickBooks features and releases.
- Incontinently, click the Get Updates option and stay until the operation downloads all the updates available.
- Make sure to renew the server and workstations after installing the QuickBooks updates.
Step 3: Set up QuickBooks Database Manager Service
The QuickBooks Database server director must be configured to run automatically. Every time you renew your Windows, the QuickBooks Database server director will stop working if it isn’t set to run automatically. With the instructions given below, we will try to reconfigure the database server director service and see if this resolves the error.
- Press Windows R on your keyboard and type services. msc in the run box.
- Eventually, click OK or hit Enter.
- Search for the QuickBooks DBXX service in the list of services so that we can change its parcels.
- Still, right-click the service and elect Properties, If you find the service status as stopped.
- Under the General tab, change the incipiency Type to Automatic from Manual.
- Now go to the Log On tab and set the option to Original System Account from This Account.
- Move to the Recovery tab, and from the drop-down list of the first failure, alternate failure, and posterior failure, elect to renew the Service.
- Eventually, click Apply and OK.
Step 4 Configure Windows & Third-Party Firewall
For detailed instructions on configuring Windows Firewall and assigning proper anchorages to QuickBooks, follow our composition on QuickBooks Error 6094,-0.
- Without detention, go to the server computer and open the command prompt by running the CMD command using the Run dialog box.
- Type ipconfig, press Enter, and you’ll get the IP address of the server computer.
- Open the command prompt window on the workstation affected by the error.
- Type Clunk( server’s IP address) and press the Enter key to check the connectivity.
- After you run the below-given command, your workstation will shoot four data packets to the server to corroborate if the server receives all of them.
- As a result of the below command, if the server receives all four data packets, it’ll shoot the status back to you.
- Eventually, if the status shows you a packet loss, there are issues in the network configuration that you’ll need to fix.
Step 5 End QuickBooks and QBCF Monitoring Service
Renew the QBCF Monitoring Service in the following way
- Begin by exiting the QuickBooks operation.
- Hold the Ctrl, Alt, and Del keys together to launch the Task Manager.
- Move the cursor to the Processes tab.
- From the list, right-click the QBCF Monitoring Service option and select End Task.
- Hit the ‘ Yes ’ option to confirm the changes and move forward.
- Now, open the QB operation to see if the QBCF Monitoring Service responds.
On the negative, if you’re still having problems penetrating the company train on the server and if QuickBooks is still displaying QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer, you might need to reinstall the complete QuickBooks Desktop operation using the QuickBooks Clean InstallTool.However, you can always reach us at our Number 1, If you don’t feel comfortable applying the troubleshooting way mentioned in this composition.855.738.2784 for immediate help and support.
Errors while streamlining the QuickBooks operation and the payroll function are common. The QuickBooks error 15103 can be fluently addressed by following some effective ways. Follow the results handed over, and if the error law persists, you might need advanced troubleshooting. You can call us at and get back from our platoon of experts to fix the issue.