How to Fix QuickBooks Error 30159
Tax services, Accounting Services?
You Focus On Your Business, We Will Do Your Books. Independent QuickBooks Setup Services. We are one of the Best Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisors in US
Monthly Accounting, BookKeeping Solution or One time help for Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses using Quickbooks and Sage Users
Connect with Pro Advisors, for all things Quickbooks
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 30159
QuickBooks Payroll requires regular updates to ensure accurate results and continuous performance. Updating QuickBooks and its components is the process where most errors and failures occur. One error that QB users encounter when updating payroll is Payroll Subscription Verification Error 30159.
When a user encounters this error, the message “Unable to Verify Payroll Subscription Error 30159” is displayed. This occurs when the Intuition server cannot verify the user’s login for any reason, or the Payroll subscription is inactive or has expired. Some other reasons can also trigger QuickBooks error 30159, which we have listed in more detail in our article. Follow the entire article for detailed troubleshooting.
Which triggers QuickBooks error 30159 while updating the payroll
In several cases, we noticed that the error 30159 occurs when the user’s salary is out of date. Below you can read all the errors that cause QuickBooks Payroll to fail:
- The user’s salary is out of date or in an inactive state.
- The paysub.ini file in QuickBooks is corrupted.
- Using the outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Windows and/or QuickBooks files are infected with a virus or malware.
NOTE. Before following the troubleshooting steps in this article, be sure to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest available version.
Steps to resolve payroll update error 30159
Solving Step 1: Check the status of your payroll order
As we know, the main reason for getting Enhanced Payroll Error 30159 is the inactive status of your payroll order, so it is very important to check the order status to resolve the error. Follow the instructions below to confirm your payroll order.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and on the Employees tab at the top, select My Payroll Services, then click Account and Billing Information.
- Enter your login details and press Login.
- Now, in the Verify Your Account Information window, select the way you want to verify your identity.
- You will receive a verification code to your phone number or email address and click Continue.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code you received in the Enter your verification code window and click Continue.
- After logging in, try refreshing the payroll tax tables one more time and see if error 30159 is fixed. If the error persists, follow the next troubleshooting step.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Fix the payssub.ini file to get rid of QB payroll error 30159
Renaming the Paysub. in file by adding .old to the end of the file name will prevent QuickBooks from using the file if it is damaged. After renaming, QuickBooks Desktop automatically creates a new paysub.ini file for you to use. Follow Step 2 of our Payroll Error PS036 article to learn how to rename a damaged paysub.ini file.
If you are still trying to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 30159 error, try installing and scanning your computer with antivirus software, as the error may be caused by a Windows infection. If you feel you need help at any stage of troubleshooting, you can always contact us at our support Number